to Wednesday 22nd January 2020 at 12:00
New for 2020, Woking Borough Council has partnered with multi-award-winning choir leader, Emily Bollon, to bring a new motivational singing group to Woking.
Singing has been acknowledged as beneficial for physical and mental wellbeing, helping to relieve stress and connecting people through shared experience.
Woking’s new community choir welcomes singers of all ages, abilities and experience, with two free taster sessions during January. The regular weekly sessions will take place at Moorcroft Centre for the Community in Westfield at 11am. For a flavour of what you can expect, drop-in on Wednesday 22nd and Wednesday 29th January. Sessions are £3 thereafter.
The new community choir:
- - is open to singers of all abilities;
- - will develop your confidence and passion for singing;
- - practices a variety of rock, pop and gospel songs;
- - uses the verbal 'call and response' method of teaching (no need to read music);
- - is informal, sociable and welcomes new singers any time;
- - allows you to simply 'pay and sing', £3 per session;
- - is part of the Motivation by Music choir network giving you the chance to perform and take your singing further if you want to.
This event will also run on Wednesday 29th January 2020.